Thursday, August 23, 2007

Sammul Chan: "What I Look for in a Woman"

Wednesday August 22, 2007 Hong Kong


In “On the First Beat,” Sammuel Chan Kin Fung’s character was very faithful in love. After Fiona Sit Hui Kei’s character died, he was involved in an ambiguous relationship with Sonija Kwok Sin Lei.
However, Sammuel’s character tried to reunite Sonija and Michael Tao. Unfortunately after the couple reunited, Sonija’s character was killed in a traffic accident.

In real life, Sammul’s romantic rumors are much more interesting. During the filming of “Survivor’s Law II,” Sammul was rumored to be fighting with Ella Koon Yan Na over Ron Ng Cheuk Hei’s affections.

In the past, Sammul’s sexual orientation was often questioned by the press. Although he clarified that he was not gay each time, his protests were uneventful.

Time was the best evidence and Sammul was unafraid that his gay rumors would scare away his female friends. Sammul pointed out that there were more women than men in Hong Kong, thus the odds were in his favor to find a girlfriend. Sammul said he was faithful in love and would not complain even if he had to drive his girlfriend everywhere.

In the past, Sammul was upset by his gay reports, but now he understands that rumors are beyond his control. Whether he goes out with women or men, rumors would result. Although Sammul explained himself and swore he was not gay numerous times, the public’s perception was unimportant. His family’s trust was important however.

“Perhaps the casual reader will believe in the rumors. But my family trusts me and never questioned me about the rumors. I am very close to my elder sister and I often confided in her regarding romantic relationships.”

“The paparazzi witnessed me dating another artist and someone outside of the industry before, but surprisingly they did not report the incident. Someone suggested that I bring forth my female friend, but I didn’t want to do so. The paparazzi will likely slander her; I do not want her to be ridiculed by her colleagues.”

“I am not afraid that my rumors will scare away my female friends. They are more afraid of being photographed by the press. A Leo will place much thought into all actions. Even shopping for clothes requires much thought. Finding a girlfriend is the same as shopping for clothes. I am a picky person and do not want to hurt anyone. A friend asked me to invest in some stocks, but I’ll rather earn less money than owe a debt.”

Sammul admitted that placing too much thought before action has cost him good dating opportunities. As a result, he lost out on the girl he was interested in to someone else. However, Sammul insisted that dating is not a game and it is good to get to know each other first. If they were destined for each other, then things would work out.

Does being too picky make it impossible to find the right girlfriend? “Friends teased me in the same manner. The most important criteria is compatibility. My requirements are not too high; I just wish her to be skillful in cooking."
"Although many people say that cooking can be prepared by a maid, dishes cooked by you wife tastes the best. There is a warmer feeling when food is prepared by a loved one!”

No comments: